-->

Monday, January 10, 2011

Progress by the Years

I started my career in institutional research trying to turn raw data into useful information to inform thinking and decision making. Whenever I come across interesting ways of displaying data - in ways that make you say "wow" - I can't resist the opportunity to share. The notion of progress and innovation increasing life expectancy and personal income around the world comes with optimism and renewed energy that the New Year brings. The following link was shared with me from a previous post with an interesting animation. It's titled 200 years, 200 countries, in four minutes. It's a professor who animates his data to show the change in life expectancy and personal income around the world over the past two centuries. If you have 4 minutes, take a look - once again the power of technology to help us understand our world a little more than we did yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo.

If you have any comments on this post, please contact me directly at presblog@mvcc.edu.